Highland Park exists to love and to serve together. One of the ways that we can actively be a part of this is through our Day of Serving.
Every year, we seek out opportunities at our church and people in our neighborhood who we can love and serve.
We gather our church in three different teams.
- VBS - this team is in charge of helping the children's ministry prepare for VBS. This will be a sit-down job and will take place in our activity center.
- Yard Work - This team will be split into smaller teams and will go out into our neighborhood and will work on helping people with their lawn needs.
- Visiting - This team will also break into smaller teams and will go love on people where they are at. This will take place in people's homes and at hospitals.
Our day of serving will take place on Sunday, May 5th. We will gather at 9am for a short time of worship, followed by instructions for our Day of Serving.
What to bring:
- Snacks and water bottle
- Wear comfortable clothing
- If you are going to be outdoors, bring gloves, rakes, hedge trimmers, ladders, and other basic yard tools, if you have them. If not, we have some extra tools available here.
If it is gloomy or raining a bit, we will carry on. But if it severely storms, please call 918-627-0783 or go to www.hptulsa.com for updates.
Cinco De Mayo Lunch
Projects will be completed around noon. We would love for you to join us at the Mall 31parking lot for a great Food Truck lunch. We have arranged to have Mexican food and ice cream available for purchase.